Place: Vigvam / Time: saturday 13-00
Economic gain from consumption, material and energy waste will not last.
Cheap energy reserves from the past cannot sustain our exponential growth.
The more we cooperate with earth that we are part of, the longer we can enjoy.
The Earthship principles allow us to reduce our footprint:
- harvest water and energy (solar /wind)
- reuse water 4 times (filter with inside food planters)
- reuse tires, bottles and cans in building
- use thermal mass for comfortable inside climate
- grow good food, reuse the seeds, compost recycle
- treat black water on site, use the final bit to grow outside green field
Not the perfect solution, but a step in the right direction.
Name: Machiel Cornelisse (Netherlands)